
So there I was, driving home this afternoon along the "long and lonesome highway" albeit west of Cedar Falls.
Not much on the radio was piquing my interest, so I switched over to AM talk radio.
I happened upon a familar voice whom I hadn't heard in quite some time: Rush Limbaugh.
I can't say I've ever been a "regular" listener to Rush. In fact, it's probably been 2 years since his voice has graced my car stereo speakers with its presence.
Not that I haven't, on occasion, agreed with some of the things he has professed to believe in. In general, though, his ranting and raving about how marvelous the "conservatives" are and how "demonic" the liberals are is just plain...annoying.
With the DNC going on, I was....sickly curious....as to what his thoughts were.
As expected, he spewed forth his diatribes against Bill Clinton and Joe Biden, disputing everything that they said in their speeches last night and professing how everything was a "lie".
Then, read from an ABC news article discussing Biden's role in the foreclosure crisis facing our nation.
He read verbatim the first 6 paragraphs....and then like a rabid, incensed idiot, he attacked...the wrong people.
The fact of the matter is, which Rush never once mentioned, is that his "angelic" Republican party was the driving force behind the BAPCPA of 2005--ever since it's inception in 1997.
Yes, Joe Biden was on board and helped push through the BAPCPA. There is no disputing that. His hands, therefore, are not completely clean.
Rush Limbaugh, though, in his haste to point his finger at Joe Biden, has failed to notice that he has 3 fingers pointing back at himself and his beloved Republicans!
Of course, you will never -ever- hear Rush speak the whole truth about a situation that negatively affects the Republican party, or which negatively impacts the Democratic party. He simply twists it to fit the agenda that he is stuffing into the ears of those willing to listen to him.
Hopefully, though, you'll take a second listen to what he says--then start thinking for yourself and questioning what he says, rather than taking it as "gospel truth".
No comments:
Post a Comment